Join UChicago at Crown Point, as a Radiology Technologist in the Imaging department.
Come be a vital part of our team as a Radiology Technologist at our cutting-edge facility in Crown Point! Our Imaging Center boasts top-notch MRI, CT, PET, X-ray, and ultrasound capabilities, all geared towards providing the exceptional standard of care synonymous with University of Chicago Medicine. Join us as we embark on a journey to serve Northwest Indiana with unparalleled excellence.
As a Radiology Technologist, you will perform diagnostic imaging studies as assigned. You will Utilize appropriate principles of radiation protection, exercise professional judgment in the performance of imaging procedures and will be responsible for providing appropriate care of patients in their charge.
Essential Job Functions
- Selects appropriate exposure factors based on body part, pathology, patient’s age, and technical equipment characteristics.
- Reviews images for proper positioning, technique, and identification.
- Performs a variety of general diagnostic studies with efficiency and high standards of quality assures that the proper protocol is used for any given examination; evaluates images for diagnostic quality prior to submitting for interpretation.
- Prepares contrast media for administration to patients and assist physician in the performance of GI/GU studies.
- Responsible for maintaining the integrity of the online picture archive and the radiology information system by the consistent and accurate input of data into the system.
- Associate’s degree in a related medical field of study or equivalent experience.
- Satisfactory completion of formal Radiologic technology training in an AMA approved program. Certified by The American Registry of Radiological Technologists.
- Maintain required continuing education as mandated by The American Registry of Radiologic Technologists
- American Registry of Radiological Technologists certification (ARRT), Indiana License, and CPR certification.
- Strong verbal, written and analytical skills.
- Demonstrates excellent customer service and interpersonal skills.
- Good decision making and judgment skills.
- Job Type/FTE: Registry, .10 FTE
- Shift: Variable, Registry
- Unit/Department: Radiology, Imaging
- CBA Code: Non-Union