Bring Your Passion to the Forefront:
HR Customer Experience Associate
Join one of the nation’s most comprehensive academic medical centers, UChicago Medicine, in the role of HR Customer Experience Associate.
In this role, you will act as the first point of contact for Human Resources support requests from users throughout the Medical Center and Ingalls Memorial Hospital. Inquiries and requests arrive via telephone, email and other channels. You will provide support in resolving issues related to all Medical Center and Ingalls HR programs, policies, and processes, utilizing knowledge base and case management tools to assist customers in completing their human resource transactions in accordance with established standards.
- Answering incoming calls, emails, etc. and providing general support for basic issues; escalating calls when necessary.
- Documenting all call and incident information using the HR Case Management tool to ensure timely and accurate resolution.
- Inputting, updating, and/or retrieving information from various state automated human resource systems.
- Explaining insurance coverage and other benefits to customers and assisting customers in completing enrollment in benefits programs.
- Escalating requests/issues outside of process or scope for role to HR Specialist and/or Supervisor.
- Maintaining appropriate documentation in case notes on discussions completed.
- Performing related duties as required.
You’ll thrive in this position if you:
- Demonstrate PRIDE Values – you actively demonstrate UCMC values in your work and relationships. You encourage others to model the behaviors and proactively identify gaps.
- Demonstrate Emotional Intelligence – you identify issues, problems and opportunities; proactively recognize the need for improvement. You work with others to develop a sense of common purpose; understand different perspectives on issues; gathers and examines information available. You generate alternatives - Create relevant options, including financial and resource implications, for addressing problems and opportunities. You select appropriate action - Formulate clear decision criteria; evaluates options by considering implications and consequences; chooses an effective option. You commit to implementation and work with a sense of urgency and a bias for action to implement the decision.
- Embrace Change – you treat change and new situations as opportunities for learning or growth; identifies the benefits and risks of change. You quickly modify behavior to deal effectively with changes; remains effective during times of ambiguity and uncertainty. You honor the need in others to ask questions; helps others overcome resistance.
- Act with Courage & Conviction – you look at interactions, activities and processes to maximize the patient, customer and employee experience; speaks up for point of view with confidence even when the topic is controversial; shares point of view in a manner that builds support. You alert the right person when expectations or standards are not met or when UCMC’s values are at risk. You ensure proper resolution is achieved and an explanation is received; escalates appropriately if needed.
- High school diploma or equivalent required- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- One year of experience in a customer contact center or a customer service position with focus on customer account data, updating online files, responding to and/or resolving customer inquiries in person or via phone or email.
- Knowledge of proper customer relationship/customer service practices.
- Knowledge of general human resource practices.
- Ability to work in a highly structured, measurement-oriented environment.
- Ability to handle high volume of customer calls daily while maintaining a positive attitude.
- Good troubleshooting, multi-tasking, organizational and time-management skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively with clients (both written and verbally).
- Professional in Human Resources (PHR) certification.
Why Join Us:
We’ve been at the forefront of medicine since 1899. We provide superior healthcare with compassion, always mindful that each patient is a person, an individual. To accomplish this, we need employees with passion, talent and commitment… with patients and with each other. We’re in this together: working to advance medical innovation, serve the health needs of the community, and move our collective knowledge forward. If you’d like to add enriching human life to your profile, The University of Chicago Medicine is for you. Here at the forefront, we’re doing work that really matters. Join us. Bring your passion.
Bring your career to the next level at a hospital that is thriving; from patient satisfaction to employee engagement, we are at the Forefront of Medicine. Take advantage of all we have to offer and #BringYourPassiontotheForefront
University of Chicago Medicine is growing; discover how you can be a part of this pursuit of excellence at: www.uchospitals.edu/jobs
The University of Chicago Medical Center is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, civil union status, parental status, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status and other legally protected characteristics.