Advanced Practice Nurse/VAD Coordinator, Job, Full-time, Rotator Shift, 5 x 8-hour shifts per week, University of Chicago Medicine, Hyde Park, Illinois
We're hiring an Advanced Practice Nurse/VAD Coordinator for a full-time rotator shift, 5 x 8-hour shifts per week, at the University of Chicago Medicine Hyde Park, IL!
The Advanced Practice Nurse/VAD Coordinator works as a part of a clinical program team through a collaborative practice agreement providing specialized clinical assessment, evaluation, tests, treatments, therapies, medical management and other direct care to Ventricular Assist Device (VAD) patients under the care of the University of Chicago Medical Center (UCMC).
Essential Job Functions:
- Ability to conduct physical examinations and health assessments required.
- Ability to interview and obtain medical information required.
- Willingness to enter into written collaborative agreement with a collaborating physician upon hire required.
- Once licensed and as needed, willingness to apply for a mid-level practitioner controlled substance license and DEA number required.
- Willingness to be privileged and credentialed through UCMC Medical Staff Office prior to start date required.
- Performs other duties assigned.
- Demonstrated clinical competency, effective leadership and teaching skills required.
- Critical care experience preferred.
- Two years of clinical experience in a related area of specialty preferred.
- Experience working with Ventricular Assist Devices (VAD) preferred.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work independently required.
- Strong organizational skills required.
- Demonstrated written and verbal communication skills and strong analytical skill required.
- Proficiency in the use of computers preferred.
- Advanced degree (or equivalent, if license received prior to July 1, 2001) from an accredited school/college of nursing required.
- Ability to obtain Illinois advanced practice nurse (APN) license by start date required
- Current license as a Registered Nurse required.