Bring Your Passion to the Forefront:
Medical Assistant (MA) - Comer Children's
Area: 378752, PEDS GASTRO
Shift: Day shift, 8 hour days, 8a-4:30p (occasional earlier start times)
A Medical Assistant is an employee who performs a wide variety of patient care services under the direct supervision of a registered nurse, advanced practice nurse (APN) or physician. Such services can involve therapeutic and/or diagnostic procedures.
• A completed High School diploma or equivalent from an accredited body is required.
• Must have experience working in a community health setting.
• Position requires completion of a certified/registered program for medical assistants that is recognized by the American Heart Association or American Red Cross.
• Must have a current certificate of cardiopulmonary resuscitation training.
• Work 5 days a week
• Considerable skill in communicating verbally, in determining priorities and in organizing work; ability to maintain an organized, alphabetized filing system.
• General working knowledge of PC. Excel, Microsoft Word for windows, OASIS and EPIC a plus.
• Computerized appointment scheduling experience preferred.
• Ability to handle stress in a fast-paced environment.
• Considerable skill in handling sensitive public contacts with discretion, tact and courtesy when dealing with patients, coworkers and physicians.
• Physical ability to perform stocking, lifting and transporting supplies and instruments.
• Peds GI experience preferred
Bring your career to the next level at a hospital that is thriving; from patient satisfaction to employee engagement, we are at the Forefront of Medicine. Take advantage of all we have to offer and #BringYourPassiontotheForefront. University of Chicago Medicine is growing; discover how you can be a part of this pursuit of excellence at: www.uchospitals.edu/jobs
The University of Chicago Medical Center is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, civil union status, parental status, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status and other legally protected characteristics.