This position is located in Harvey, IL.
Care Network is seeking a Medical Assistant to perform a wide variety of patient care services under the direct supervision of a Practice Manager in an office setting.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Triage, collect patient history, conduct vitals
- Accompany patients to exam/procedure room
- Administer vaccinations and immunizations
- Complete paperwork and forms
- Check schedules and organize patient flow
- Perform screenings per provider guidelines
- Assist physicians/nurses with various procedures
- Charting; relaying instructions to patients/families
- Answer calls, schedule appointments
- Send/receive patient medical records
- Obtain lab/X-ray reports, hospital notes, referral information, etc.
- Insurance coverage verification
- Manage and update charts
- Prescription Refills
- Order, sort, store supplies
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Considerable skill in communicating verbally, in determining priorities and in organizing work; ability to maintain an organized, alphabetized filing system
- Considerable skill in handling sensitive public contacts with discretion, tact and courtesy when dealing with patients, coworkers and physicians
- Physical ability to perform stocking, lifting and transporting supplies and instruments.
- General working knowledge of PC
- Computerized appointment scheduling experience preferred
- Ability to handle stress in a fast paced environment
Education: High School Graduate
Graduate of a certified program for Medical Assistant, Required
Current Certificate of Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation training
Minimum of one year of recent experience working in a medical office or facility
The University of Chicago Medicine Care Network is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, civil union status, national origin, ancestry, age, parental status, disabled status, veteran status, or any other legally protected classification, in accordance with applicable law.