Medical Technician, Microbiology Laboratory, part-time weekend nights, Chicago, IL.
We’re hiring for a Medical Technician in Microbiology Laboratory for a part-time weekend nights job in Chicago, IL.
The Medical Technician performs a wide range of duties in support of basic laboratory operations. Acts as the initial recipient of requests for services provided by the laboratory and appropriately sorts and performs initial processing on those requests in order to provide the highest level of quality service possible. Performs limited patient testing under appropriate supervision.
Medical Technician Education and Experience Requirements:
- Must satisfy CLIA 88 qualification requirements for testing personnel performing waived or moderate complexity testing.
- High school diploma or equivalent. Associate's degree in clinical laboratory science, microbiology or related field from an accredited college or university preferred.
- Appropriate training/experience in clinical laboratory science.
- MLT certification/eligibility preferred.
- Knowledge and ability to use laboratory/hospitals information systems.
- Knowledge and ability to use automated microbiology systems and conventional laboratory equipment.
- Ability to interact in a professional manner with individuals at all levels.
- Ability to stand, stretch, and bend for majority of time worked; ability to lift up to 30 pounds.
- Exceptional organizational ability with attention to detail mandatory.
- Ability to work in stressful situations.