Laboratory Manager, Anatomic Pathology, full time days, Chicago, IL.
We’re hiring for a Laboratory Manager for Anatomic Pathology as a full time days job in Chicago, IL.
Laboratory Manager is responsible for planning, organizing, and managing all technical and administrative aspects of Anatomic Pathology services, including Surgical Pathology, Cytology, and Autopsy. With the lab leadership team, defines clinical performance standards and quality measures, monitors actual performance and when necessary identifies problems and initiates corrective actions.
Laboratory Manager provides direction for the supervisors of the individual laboratories, serves as a key resource to integrate clinical activities and optimize patient care, manages operating budget and participates in capital budget, and guides implementation of procedures, workflow, methods and instruments to ensure and improve quality.
Laboratory Manager Required Qualifications and Experience:
- Minimum qualifications must satisfy CLIA88 requirements for a technical supervisor.
- Minimum of Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university/ Preferred Master's degree in laboratory science, health science, hospital management.
- Applicants should have obtained or be eligible to attain, one of the following: Histologic Technique, American Society for Clinical Pathology (HT/ASCP)/ Histotechnologist American Society for Clinical Pathology(HTL/ASCP)/Pathologists Assistant, American Society for Clinical Pathology(PA/ASCP).
- At least 7 years’ experience in clinical laboratory or anatomic pathology laboratory with a minimum of 5 years’ experience in a leadership capacity.
- Ability to write laboratory procedures and policies.
- Demonstrated ability to lead, supervise, teach, and train personnel.
- Proven ability to use computers for data entry, retrieval, and statistical analysis.
- Ability to interact and communicate professionally with pathologists, pathology residents, other health care professionals, laboratory colleagues, and hospital administrators.
- Ability to work independently, maintain composure under stress and time deadlines, and exercise sound judgment during stressful situations.
- Maintains patient confidentiality at all times.