Bring Your Passion to the Forefront:
Special Events Tech
Join one of the nation’s most comprehensive academic medical centers, UChicago Medicine, in the role of Special Events Tech.
In this role, you will assist with day-to-day audio/visual and special events support. This includes equipment set-up/teardown, maintenance of equipment, software updates, and working with other departments to provide troubleshooting and training on various user applications. You may also perform cleaning of event spaces and conference rooms. You will report to the Manager of Multi-Media Services & Support.
- Operating all audio/visual equipment at UCMC in order to assist staff, faculty, and clients.
- Developing and maintaining relationships and good communication with all staff and faculty in the academic programs.
- Maintaining daily logs for set-ups/teardowns, faculty requests, equipment usage, and labor hours.
- Testing, set up, and breakdown of all audio/visual equipment used each day.
- Maintaining accurate records of equipment inventory.
- Reporting any equipment malfunctions immediately to rectify any problems before it affects programs adversely.
- Performing minor repairs on equipment.
- May assist other lead roles with key departmental responsibilities as directed.
- Comfortable working in PC, Mac, and mobile device environments.
- Ability to work under pressure in meeting deadlines and responding quickly to last minute requests by faculty and staff.
- Knowledge of various computer software’s’ and internet protocols.
You’ll thrive in this position if you:
- Demonstrate PRIDE Values – you actively demonstrate UCMC values in your work and relationships. You encourage others to model the behaviors and proactively identify gaps.
- Strengthen Collaboration – you put the organizations interests and customer needs ahead of your own. You identify and create effective working collaborations with others; establish good interpersonal relationships by helping people feel valued, appreciated, and offer support. You present sound reasons and recommendations that link to the needs of those impacted; obtain agreement to support ideas; leverage win-win solutions to ensure others take action.
- Promote Innovation – you combine ideas in a unique way or make connections between ideas that may appear to be different; explore situations from multiple perspectives, seek alternative ways to define problems. You are open to diverse thoughts and approaches by others. You test solutions, gather feedback on effectiveness, review impact on the results and modify appropriately to product expected results.
- Deliver Results – you identify issues, problems and opportunities; proactively recognize the need for improvement. You work with others to develop a sense of common purpose; understand different perspectives on issues; gathers and examines information available. You generate alternatives - Create relevant options, including financial and resource implications, for addressing problems and opportunities. You select appropriate action - Formulate clear decision criteria; evaluates options by considering implications and consequences; chooses an effective option. You commit to implementation and work with a sense of urgency and a bias for action to implement the decision.
- Associates Degree from Technical School or 3-5 years of experience in Audio/Visual Communications or similar technical experience.
- Demonstrated experience in leading a team in a customer service-oriented position.
- Ability to handle multiple concurrent tasks in a competent and professional manner in a fast-paced environment.
- Some experience with computer software, including Windows/Mac and mobile operating systems.
- Strong communication and organizational skills.
- Must be able to work independently and in an organized manner and work with other staff to accomplish goals and complete projects by set deadlines; must display a professional attitude with excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Flexibility to work additional hours as requested.
Why Join Us:
We’ve been at the forefront of medicine since 1899. We provide superior healthcare with compassion, always mindful that each patient is a person, an individual. To accomplish this, we need employees with passion, talent and commitment… with patients and with each other. We’re in this together: working to advance medical innovation, serve the health needs of the community, and move our collective knowledge forward. If you’d like to add enriching human life to your profile, The University of Chicago Medicine is for you. Here at the forefront, we’re doing work that really matters. Join us. Bring your passion.
Bring your career to the next level at a hospital that is thriving; from patient satisfaction to employee engagement, we are at the Forefront of Medicine. Take advantage of all we have to offer and #BringYourPassiontotheForefront
University of Chicago Medicine is growing; discover how you can be a part of this pursuit of excellence at: www.uchospitals.edu/jobs
The University of Chicago Medical Center is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, civil union status, parental status, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status and other legally protected characteristics.